Robin Williams on Being an Episcopalian… Posted on August 12, 2014 by Art Hancock
Robin Williams, a long-time Episcopalian, gave us the following Top 10 List of Reasons for Being an Episcopalian. I have this same list on a favorite t-shirt! Of course, the list makes us laugh (which is a sacred thing in and of itself), but it also presents us with encouraging truths about our particular way of following Christ. Thank you, once again, Robin for your wit and insight. And thanks to William Barnett-Lewis for reminding me of the list. ~Father Art
10. No snake handling.
9. You can believe in dinosaurs.
8. Male and female God created them; male and female we ordain them.
7. You don’t have to check your brains at the door.
6. Pew aerobics.
5. Church year is color-coded.
4. Free wine on Sunday.
3. All of the pageantry – none of the guilt.
2. You don’t have to know how to swim to get baptized.
And the Number One reason to be an Episcopalian:
1. No matter what you believe, there’s bound to be at least one other Episcopalian who agrees with you.
We Would Love to Have You JOIN US for In-person Holy Eucharist or for OUR VIRTUAL SERVICE! THE rEV. gEORGE wONG AND THE rEV. kEN bOCCINO